Monday, April 20, 2009

The best recipe ever!

Here's a quick update on what's been going on here. First off Sam is never home for dinner so dinner time is not my favorite time. Tonight was great though except for a few minor exceptions (which I'll get to later). For starters my kids ate everything for dinner, without complaining! Isaac even told me that it was the, "best ever!" and Smith even clapped his hands together giggling. What did I make you ask......

It's kind of complicated but here's the recipe:
3 containers of yogurt
1 slice of toast cut into perfect squares
1 bag of perfectly popped popcorn
1 child size handful of almonds (for each child)
3 cups of chocolate milk
1 orange cut into the cutest most perfect wedges possible

Of course you will have to adjust the portions accordingly. Oh and save the oranges for the very end, that's when our "magic moment" of clapping and compliments occurred! (Don't worry I did not give Smith any almonds) :)

Shortly after our glowing moment ended. I was in the kitchen cleaning when I turn of the water and hear the pitter patter of milk hitting our rug. I turn to see Smith with his sippy cup turned upside down. I run over to him and he starts shaking the cup faster and then throws it across the room and starts splashing in the milk throwing his head back and giggling. That same giggle I thought was so cute just 10 min ago. I clean Smith up and then get on my hands and knees and start cleaning the milk under the table only to lift my head up and see Eliza, milk everywhere. So then I strip her down and begin cleaning her. Only to turn around and see Smith standing on the table emptying the contents of what was left in Eliza's cup.
Yes there are sooooooo many ways in which these situations could of been avoided. One big one is spill proof sippy cups.....which I own! :) I also could of put all the cups away immediately.........I could go on!

These are the culprits at hand captured in better moments.




13 comments:

Stacy said...

It's about time you shared that recipe! Sheesh, with results like that?

Paige said...

Maricia, it is so nice to come across your blog. It has been a long time. Looks like you have your hands very full, such cute kids though.

Paige Stanley

Derek & Kellyn said...

Wow, 3 kids?! Isnt it amazing how fast time flys by. So crazy! You have such a sweet family. I was so glad to hear from you. Glad to hear all is well. Please keep in touch!

Guenter Family said...

I am so glad you found us, holy cow your kids are getting old, but I am sure you say that about ours :) Maybe we will bump into you guys in Utah when/if you visit.
Makelle

Timmy said...

I am so glad that you found my blog. I will try and keep up now.

Sara said...

HAH! I love those kinds of dinners. When Chris was in school in the evenings, this is how we would eat. Whatever makes the kids and mom happy in the evening is the BEST RECIPE!

Nicole said...

Ha Ha Don't you just love those times.... ;) Glad to see you are well. We're coming to CA May 15th - May 25th. Brad and Chad and their families are probably coming too. So we have to get together!!! ;)

Unknown said...

I hear you about meal time. I hate meal time. Hunter will eat anything, but...Hailey won't eat anything. It is a battle every day. So I say bring on any dinner that doesn't cause battles or stress.

LynDee said...

Wow, even though it probably wont make it any better, our meal times sound very similar...but I just have to tell myself that Cali or in your case Isaac are pretty behaved at meal times, so soon we will have mealtime sanity again! Hopefully!

The Oakey's said...

I would love to see you when you come out to Utah. We will be in Spokane from about June 24th until the first week of July. When will you be here?

Joel said...

You guys are looking good. Nice to see you on here. Say hello to Sam for me, unless he's the one blogging recipes (cough*gay*cough).

Amy said...

And so I have to show max some pics of Isaac every once in a while so he won't miss him too badly! Come back soon!

andrea said...

Hi! I keep meaning to say hi, it's been a while since you commented on my blog...sorry!! I am so glad to see how you are doing and that you have three cute kids! It has been a long long time.