Monday, September 22, 2008

Our trip to the Oakland Temple


Our family minus Isaac who was running around with a friend. We had a ward F.H.E. at the temple. We went to see a limited exhibit entitled, "The Healing Power of Jesus Christ." It is several sculptures dipicting Christ's ministry and miracles. I wish you could go and see for yourself. They are amazing!!! She gives such and intimate view of the Savior in her sculpting. It strengthened my testimony as I was reminded of the miracles of love and mercy He performed throughout His life. It also reminded me all that He has scarificed in my behalf and all that He has promised to those who will follow Him. I know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Joseph Smith is and was a true prophet who restored the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and can be used as tool of guidence in our lives. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our Prophet today and that he talks with God. I know that because of Jesus Christ's ultimate sacrifice on the cross that I can have a forever family. I know that Moroni's promise (Moroni 10:4)that if we "ask with a sincere heart,with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you". Again, I know that He lives and that we are blessed when we are following Him!
You can view the sculptures on her website, obviously it's not as good as it would be in person! (the link is at the bottom of this post)


All the little kids had sticker missionary name tags and took a tour on the temple grounds.


Eliza & her dad

Here's the link, www.ajsculptures.com

6 comments:

amybutler said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony, I really needed to read that tonight.

Sorensen said...

Eliza is one funny girl! I got such a kick out of the piggy tail sequence.

Nicole said...

Such a cute family. And that Eliza is a hit! ;) Miss ya, love ya! Oh btw, I hope my little girl is as cute as Eliza! ;) Yep, we're having a girl!!!

Sokimna said...

hey, there! thanks for sharing your testimony. how is san jo treating you? are you getting used to the hustle and bustle or do you miss utah? hugs and kisses to the children for us!

The Oakey's said...

Hey my mom's # is 214-797-9856 they just moved here to Utah this weekend so I am not sure on her address. I would love to see your mom...where is she these days?

LynDee said...

Hey guys. That trip looks fun. Do you guys have thanksgiving or christmas plans in Utah? I was thinking about if I lived away from home and wasnt coming home for thanksgiving...my poor family.I dont even know where to start with cooking a turkey. I guess I should learn. Sorry about my random thoughts!